webkit scriptengine & multiple plasmoids

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:57:32 CET 2009

On Friday 18 December 2009 00:17:19 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 17 December 2009, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to fix this bug: http://www.kde-
> > look.org/content/show.php/Scripted+Image?content=91749 (Error having 2 of
> > them). Seems that if there is two (or more) same webkit plasmoids on
> >  desktop only one of them loads properly on plasma start. When same
> >  plasmoid B load is started before A load is finished javascript
> > functions don't get called. This happens only when plasmoids are same
> > e.g. two scripted-image plasmoids. I made attached patch to load
> > plasmoids with the same plugin name in queue and it seems to solve this
> > but I'm not sure if this right way to do it?
> >
> > Petri
>
> seems an hacky workaround, but i can'r really think about a possible real
> cause of this...
> could be a bug in webkit itself, maybe has some internal sigleton class
>  that gets in an inconsistent state when two pages load the same url in the
>  same moment? seems terribly unlikely but...

I can reproduce this bug with a small Qt only app
(http://aryhma.oy.cx/damu/webkit-test.tar.gz). It seems that if the same
javascript file is included in multiple html files that are loaded at the same
time then loadFinished signal is emitted too early. Should this have a
workaround in webkit script engine until this is fixed in Qt/webkit?

Petri