kubuntu kdebase patches to plasma

Felix Geyer debfx-kde at fobos.de
Mon Dec 14 17:49:51 CET 2009

Sebastian Kügler <sebas <at> kde.org> writes:
> Does this also fix the "we don't get notifications from HAL about
> brightness changes"-problem?
>
> I've been working around this in the battery applet for some time now,
> it only updates the brightness slider when the applet pops up.

The patch works around that problem:
Whenever Solid changes the brightness it sends a message through dbus
to PowerDevil.
PowerDevil then forwards the brightness change to its dbus signal so
the battery applet can update the slider or display an OSD.

On Friday 13 November 2009 05:04:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> if the patch is upstreamed in Qt, we can take a look at this one more
>  closely.

The required patches have landed upstream in Qt 4.6.0 / kdelibs trunk
(2009-12-07).