Dataengine to get bookmarks

Bruno Bigras bigras.bruno at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 17:46:53 CET 2009

Hi guys,

This subject interest me since I'm planning to write an Akonadi
resource to sync bookmarks using the Mozilla Weave service. My goal is
to sync bookmarks from browsers like Konqueror and Opera with Weave so
people could use the browser they want and be easily able to sync
between computers and mobile devices.

I'm not sure how thing sync together with Akonadi but I think it could
be nice if I would be able to use this dataengine. The problem I'm
thinking right now is that the Weave and the SQLite part shouldn't
fight since they both do the same thing but it could also be nice if
Weave could sync to Firefox so Firefox would need one less extension.

I'm also interested in syncing history and passwords.

Bruno