Notifications not automatically hidden anymore

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:14:52 CET 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 02.12.09 22:55:25, Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I figured this might be faster than reporting on bko (unless I don't
> > > get any answers). Here on my machine (trunk from last friday) the
> > > notifications in the systray don't get automatically hidden even though
> > > the proper checkboxes are set apropriately. I didn't update kde for
> > > quite some time before, so not sure when this regression crept it but
> > > its highly annoying as the notifications always hide window contents.
> > >
> > > Are you guys aware of this? Is there some fix in the pipeline that I
> > > could try out?
> > >
> > > Please Cc me on replies as I'm not subscribed.
> >
> > they are hidden.
>
> They are not hidden for me. So what do I have to do to give someone some
> debug information so he can fix that? IIRC from the snippets I've read
> about the new notification system, this is not dependendant on some
> xorg-stuff, driver-stuff or something else. Its done purely inside
> kdelibs/plasma right?
>
> What I have here is a popup with n buttons (for n apps that wanted to
> notify me) and that one doesn't vanish, except if I close it manually.
> Next time the n+1th app wants to show some notification, I get n+1
> buttons in the popup.
>
> You don't want to tell me thats intended right?
>
> Andreas
>
> PS: I'll be updating trunk on friday again.

well, as the spec is done, an app can define the timeout for the notification,
even not expire at all. (kopete seems to do so for instance)
now, this is pretty annoying indeed and we can define a maximum amount of time
and then hide them anyways, only thing i fear is that it would be quite
against the spec

--
Marco Martin