Drop kwin's fullscreen hack

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sun Aug 30 18:58:13 CEST 2009

Attached is a patch to remove kwin's fullscreen hack for not-netwm windows
without borders and the screen geometry. I want to drop it because the Plasma
netbook shell has no border and has the screen geometry and has said to be not
fullscreen, but is made fullscreen by the hack and by that set above all other
windows which isn't intended.

Are there any reasons to not commit the patch? It will break legacy
applications, but after all that time I think we could start enforcing netwm
;-) And it is still possible to define a window rule for supporting the legacy
applications.