Review Request: Center tool tips in Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Aug 29 13:48:31 CEST 2009

On August 29, 2009, Emdek wrote:

> >> <http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1428/diff/1/?file=10799#file10799line511>

> >> So only one public method with optional Alignment flag (by default
> >> alignment would be as now, usually to left edge etc.) and for now
> >> accepting
> >> only Qt::AlignCenter?
> >
> > well, center, left and right imo.
>
> And then what again with bottom and top for vertical oriented widgets?

i think just left/right/center should be supported and that should be
translated to top/bottom/vcenter for vertical widgest. that way widgets aren't
encouraged to try and figure out their orientations.

> And that left and right shouldn't be decided by language (RTL and LTR)?

as long as it fits on screen, direction should be flipped in RTL.

> For me there should be option only to center (useful for tool tips and at
> least some popups) or to use current behavior (menus).

there are likely times that right aligned will be desired, and it provides
nice API symmetry. most importantly it avoids bools in the API. :)

humru othro a kohnu se