A question about the rc files in $HOME/.kde/share/config/

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 28 15:27:08 CEST 2009

On August 28, 2009, WuYongbo wrote:
> how are plasma-appletrc and plasmarc (in  $HOME/.kde/share/config/) created
> after .kde file are deleted manually ?

Plasma::Corona has a virtual method called loadDefaultLayout. DesktopCorona in
kdebase/workspace/plasma/shells/desktop/desktopcorona.cpp implements this
method and has a bunch of hardcoded defaults.

In KDE 4.4, however, we will be offering something much nicer: the ability to
define default layouts using ECMA Script.

This means you can do things like offer different layouts based on screen
resolution or different layouts for different users and groups using a very
easy approach. You can read about it in the blog entry Juan linked to or see
the (work in progress) API documentation here:

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/design/plasma-
desktop-scripting

so for 4.4 this will be much nicer :)

humru othro a kohnu se