Review Request: big revamp of Device Notifier

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Aug 24 16:32:03 CEST 2009

>Is this the one that has been on kde-look for a while? Sounds like it.

>This is a worthy revamp of the original device-notifier plasmoid and in 4.3
it
>is actually readable. The "last mounted" tooltip is of questionable
>usefulness.

This baby, at least the last kde-look.org version of it, is exercising dbus
and hald and plasma-desktop to significant percentage of CPU activity. This
indicates a big code problem because this adds to the overall daemon CPU glut
that can slow plasma and kde4 to a fast crawl. The kde4-supllied applet does
NOT have this problem.

I can look myself but am no expert (OK, time for more documentation as
plasma's own API and all these activities and delegates and such are making my
head swim--ok with anticipation!). If someone is reviewing this code, this
problem must be checked and solved as this is a major bug in my mind. I will
contact the author.