A contact's plasmoid video

Adenilson Cavalcanti savagobr at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 17:42:35 CEST 2009

Dear friends

I and Igor Oliveira have being working on a PoC (Proof of Concept) plasmoid for contacts. The idea is to write a plasmoid that could integrate information for user's contacts, providing quick access to it and allowing to integrate with other KDE services and applications (akonadi and nepomuk comes to mind).

At this moment, it is really more an exercise with Qt animation and plasma. The code is still pretty much a mess and definitely needs quite a lot of cleanup before being made public. Maybe after this cleanup we could host it in playground?

Anyway, here goes the video: http://blip.tv/file/2488108/
(advisable to watch it in full screen).

We are hoping for comments and suggestions about how this effort could better serve plasma desktop users.

Best regards

Adenilson Cavalcanti
a.k.a. Savago