Ruby applet dataEngine service operation call

Cédric kde at xfou.com
Tue Aug 18 10:24:01 CEST 2009

Well,

Thanks for your answer Aaron.

I think your first suggestion is the write one. I tried to implement this
code with the Javascript binding and in the tutorial page (
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/JavaScript/CheatSheet)
they state this :

   - DO NOT use plasmoid.dataEngine("engine name").serviceForSource("source
   name") - you will get a dummy service back (in 4.2 at least).
   - Instead, use plasmoid.service("engine name", "source name")

and so in javascript the second method works but in ruby the
*service*method does not seems to exist.