4.3 Previewer or Icon?

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sat Aug 8 21:04:25 CEST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 14:23:26 Matteo Agostinelli wrote:
> Maybe I understood what is the point of the OP. If you drag and drop a PDF
> file to the Desktop, you get the choice between the Previewer and the Icon.
> But if you choose the Preview it actually creates an empty previewer
> plasmoid, i.e. it doesn't show the contents of the PDF. On the contrary,
> the preview is working correctly for other file formats, such as images of
> text files.

OK.

Assuming it does work. What will be on the desktop? A previewer plasmoid to
which I can drag another file if I wish? One dedicated to this file?

If the placement is a general previewer plasmoid, why would I place it at this
point? I put on the panel or desktop if I want it and drage the file there to
view it.

If the placement is dedicated, why not just the icon which takes up far less
space?