4.3 Previewer or Icon?

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Fri Aug 7 08:46:31 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 17:31:58 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 16:11:06 David Baron wrote:
> > The previewer is a plasmoid that I can use to view a file by dragging and
> > dropping on it. Why would I want to see this choice everytime I drag a
> > file to the desktop?
> >
> > If I want the previewer, I will place it once (and usually only once) and
> > then make use of it.
> >
> > If I am dragging a file to the desktop, then I obviously want ITS icon.
>
> What if it's an image file? Would you not rather have a picture frame? If
> you're dropping a link to a webpage, would you want an icon, or a
> webbrowser plasmoid? For text files, wouldn't you prefer a note? Likewise,
> I think it makes sense to offer the previewer as an option.
>
> Remember, the Plasma desktop is not just a file-dump ...

Misunderstood.

I have a pdf document that I want to "place" on the desktop to read it a few
times. So I drag the icon from dolphin to the desktop.

Now, in 4.3, when I drag this icon from dolphin to the desktop, I get the
choice of placing the icon or the previewer plasmoid.

If I want the plasmoid, I will have done this once. In any event, I simply
want the icon as before.