Adding a runner to KDE

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 6 23:04:25 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Jan Gerrit Marker wrote:
> The playground runner offers 3 actions for every match, but this is only
> used in the "QuickSand" interface. It isn't very good for the standard
> interface, or? Shouldn't it be changed?

two answers:

a) we should make actions available in the standard UI for 4.4

b) actions-on-matches should only be used for things that act on the match but
aren't necessarily related to the query term itself ("verbing the noun"). in
the case of media players it's pretty natural to go this route since if i type
"jeremy" and it comes up with the Pearl Jam song, it should also offer an
action to play it. but i should _also_ be able to do "play jeremy" in krunner
and not have to worry about the action.

humru othro a kohnu se