Adding a runner to KDE

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:39:55 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Jan Gerrit
Marker<jangerrit at weiler-marker.com> wrote:
>> I read the comments in the kde-look page and saw that you weren't able
>> to get the amarok runner in playground to work. It's because the DBus
>> interface of Amarok for collection searching only got recently fixed.
>> 2.1.1 (latest stable version) still has a broken DBus interface. To
>> get to work properly, you can either: clone amarok on gitorious, or
>> apply the patch attached to the 2.1.1 source directory. :D
>
> OK, thanks. I used Amarok 2.2-GIT to try out the runner and then it worked.

Great!

>> If you can merge your runner somehow with the one in playground, I can
>> commit it for you while you don't have a SVN account :) And if you
>> need more help, I'm on this list. :)
> I try to get a account today.
> Did you look at the source of my runner?

I'm a little busy at the moment but I took a quick look. Quick comment
though: use const references when passing objects as parameters even
if most of the classes used are implicitly shared. Also, stick to the
kdelibs style (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style)
so we can put this in kdeplasma-addons. I'll get back to you asap. :)

Cheers,
Ryan