Adding a runner to KDE

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:52:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Jan Gerrit
Marker<jangerrit at weiler-marker.com> wrote:
>> Do you have a SVN account? If you don't, I recommend you get one.
> I haven't got one, but I'll get one.
>
>> Anyway, I haven't taken a look at your runner but based on your
>> description, it looks like you're using the media player dbus
>> interface, right? :)
> Yes, it is.
Cool. I played around with that before and the result was
/trunk/playground/base/runners/mediaplayer :)

>> With regards to getting the collection search functionality in the
>> amarok runner in playground working, try cloning the amarok repository
>> from gitorious. If you need to use 2.1.1, copy src/dbus/Collection*
>> src/dbus/DBus* src/dbus/org.kde.* and
>> src/collection/support/XmlQueryReader.cpp from the git repository to
>> the 2.1.1 source directory.

> I think I didn't get what you told me (both paragraphs) :( Could you explain
> it, please?

I read the comments in the kde-look page and saw that you weren't able
to get the amarok runner in playground to work. It's because the DBus
interface of Amarok for collection searching only got recently fixed.
2.1.1 (latest stable version) still has a broken DBus interface. To
get to work properly, you can either: clone amarok on gitorious, or
apply the patch attached to the 2.1.1 source directory. :D

>> It shouldn't be difficult to integrate what you have so far with the
>> amarok runner in playground :) If you create a patch, I'd be happy to
>> help.

If you can merge your runner somehow with the one in playground, I can
commit it for you while you don't have a SVN account :) And if you
need more help, I'm on this list. :)

Ryan