Fwd: translatoid

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:30:13 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009, sacha schutz wrote:
> > Maybe we can recreate Flags in Svg. This may be long, but drawings are
> > easy
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_flags
>
> flag images are not copyrightable, so we could just harvest all of those.
wouldn't replace bad images with other bad images, if you take those svg and
just render as 16x16 the result will be quite poor. i fear it would take a
quite big amount of work to do good little flags (align the bands to the
pixels basically) the ones in translatoid at the moment are quite good but not
many unfortunately :/

--
Marco Martin