Fwd: translatoid

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Aug 6 13:54:18 CEST 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 14:16:09 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009, sacha schutz wrote:
> > Maybe we can recreate Flags in Svg. This may be long, but drawings are
> > easy
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:SVG_flags
>
> flag images are not copyrightable, so we could just harvest all of those.

Dagesh word processor has a very complete bunch of decent looking flag-icons.
This is a proprietary older windows app but there are utilies to harvest and
convert these.

Question do we need permission to extract this. Original publisher no longer
exists. Program is still sold and marginally maintained (many years since last
fixes, one of which I did) by Galtech in Jerusalem. This WP puts
language/country up from rather than hidden away as a font-property. Oldest
and maybe only WP to do multilingual nicely.