Please review: Virtual keyboard plasmoid - Plasmaboard

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 4 05:35:46 CEST 2009

On Monday 03 August 2009, Björn Ruberg wrote:
> popupPosition() does return a good position indeed. My problem was, that I
> did not get the Widget in front of the buttons.

setZOrder

> And I couldn't draw it
> outside of the keyboard,

negative coordinates to go above or left, positive to go further than. don't
add it to a layout or anything.

> top rows. One more (hard) wish: It must not "block" the press on the key
> behind it. Say I press "g" and a tooltip appears with "g" inside. That
> tooltip would be drawn in front of "t" and "y". But it MUST still be
> possible to hit "t" and "y" even if the tooltip is shown. (I think on a 7"
> screen you can type with ten fingers on plasmaboard. That's much faster
> than you can on iPhone)

that's fine; what you want is a plain QGraphicsItem then with some custom
painting and just don't impement any of the mouse events. then the mouse
events will go right through them.

humru othro a kohnu se