Plasma activities and Nepomuk

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 08:22:27 CEST 2009

> personally, i prefer the idea of a nice API behind which the real work can
> hide (as the usercontext thing provides). direct access to what's going on
Ok, then I'll go for that.

> another big question is what the ontology to use is. when i last left off
Well, at this point, I don't think it is relevant - if we provide a standard
d-bus api for this (through a nepomuk service), we can later change the
ontology without anyone noticing. (we could even use plain-text files to store
the data instead of nepomuk/soprano if we are crazy enough)

With that said, I know that you hate temporary solutions (since they tend to
become permanent), but I would rather start the development sooner than later.
(and agreeing on an ontology would take a lot of time I think)

> in any case, if the nepomuk team could give us some pointers to where the
> ontology for this ended up, that'd be great.
+1

> here is a document that Luca Beltrame had started on:
> 	http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcp4ww55_76gdhhk6ch
I'll check it out

Cheerio