Unprofessional text in plasmoids for download

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 22:59:23 CEST 2009

Hi Dotan,

Thanks for your feedback on these applets.  One of my main contributions in KDE is that of proof-reading - I'm on the British English translation team, and one of the main reasons it isn't done automatically is that it's 1% about putting the u back into colour and 99% about proof-reading.  Given there are many non-native-English speakers working on KDE (for instance, there isn't a single native English speaker on the the team that writes digiKam) it's a nice setup - coders can code, and folk like me can smooth over the strings in a few seconds what would take them a few hours otherwise, and provide a bit of feedback in the process.

In terms of the extent of this widescale proof-reading, it's limited to what is maintained the KDE SVN server.  As such, any plasmoids you find in KDE itself (including kdereview, kdeplasma-addons and playground/base/plasma) should have been proof-read throughout, and of course if you find any problems with these, please do report - either mail to the kde-i18n-doc mailing list, or fling it in my general direction.  In this case though, as Alexis has pointed out, they're on kde-look, so I'd suggest you drop the author a line.  To keep them sweet, I'd suggest including a replacement description they can use, as a means of providing constructive feedback, rather than destructive.

Best,

Andrew