Remember The Milk plasmoid/dataengine: kdereview

Andrew Stromme astromme at chatonka.com
Mon Apr 27 16:47:09 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 05:39:57 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 April 2009, Andrew Stromme wrote:
> > > Last night I moved the Remember The Milk plasmoid and its associated
> > > dataengine and library into kdereview. It now lives here:
> >
> > where is the library going to end up?
>
> i think a good idea could be like libattica: as a subfolder of the engine
> (or maybe even workspace/libs?) for a while then thinking about some other
> place when stabilized enough
> they are two very similar libraries (web services api stuff) so i think it
> could be worth thinking where they could end up, since i kinda see there
> will be  more similar libraries coming in the future...

I'm unfamiliar with libattica, but I would think that it would make sense to
have the "web api libraries" together. librtm is not stabilized yet however,
and I don't want to guarantee an ABI/API quite yet, which might point towards
a subdir of the dataengine for now.

In the future I could see other things using the library, that's why I
specifically made it separate from the engine and the plasmoid.

Andrew Stromme