SoK - Plasma mentoring needed

J. Janz jj at juniorjanz.net
Thu Apr 23 03:33:31 CEST 2009

Hello, people,

Unfortunately, my proposal [1] couldn't make it to GSoC 2009. However, I saw
about SoK and had a few words with Lydia and Aaron about it yesterday but
I'm healing from a major flu and I'm badly checking my mail right now (like
once a day for the past 3 days).

Nevertheless, according to latest Lydia's orientations about SoK (that I
could only see today), I'm supposed to get a plasma mentor (which I'll
really need - I guess mostly to get started and for the rough parts, the
latter possibly a bit less than the former).

Alongside it, I spoke to Aaron about developing it in Javascript or Python.
He told me that Javascript possibly wouldn't be the case now but maybe
Python. I told him that reminded me one of his blog posts [2] where he
mentions Javascript ninja and myspacer APIs and a tricky plasmoid developed
with myspacer API. And, as I'm a big fan of some daring, I can't tell why I
find so attractive developing it in Javascript (by either making a way
through myspacer API or helping ninja API to get improved by testing/using
it) than just use Python (apparantly, a safer choice). And I find Python
easier for this than Javascript! I can't help it! I think it's the smell of
the challenge! =)

So, anyway, whatever is the language to develop, here I come to you guys,
looking for someone interested in being my mentor.

I'd find really neat if, in the case of using Javascript, (s)he could be
someone mentioned on that post (Chani? Marco? Rich Moore? Aaron? ;-) ),
someone into breaking the ways for it the same way that when API was seen
uncomplete on that post =) (or maybe someone else rocking Javascript APIs,
don't know).

On the other hand, would any of you Python plasma binding guys (or some
serious Python plasmoid makers) be interested?

Right now I really need input from both sides, so I wouldn't be hurt if
Javascript *and* Python people answered me. ;-)

[1]
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/jj/t123863391144

[2]
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/01/basic-javascript-engine-go-forward.html

My best regards,
--
"Eu sou a ressurreição e a vida. Quem crê em mim, ainda que morra, viverá; e