Strawman Proposal: Wireless Access Point Geolocation, and Location-Linked Behaviours

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 14:08:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 22:26, Eduardo Robles Elvira <edulix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Location based behaviour linked to wireless AP geolocation within KDE
> seems like an ubercool idea. I for one would probably be an avid user
> of that feature if it gets implemented. It's a pitty that this wasn't
> a GSoC idea so that you could either work on it as a student or as a
> mentor though.
>
> Regards
>    Eduardo Robles Elvira

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled upon this interesting piece by Matt Jones (of dopplr
fame) on location based services:

http://magicalnihilism.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/exporting-the-past-into-the-future-or-the-possibility-jelly-lives-on-the-hypersurface-of-the-present/

Of course he's more focused on social networking software than he is
on software, that controls our hardware, but I still think it's an
interesting read. He's definitely showing a welcome understanding of
the human aspects of designing software. Basically also what we are
after, when we talk about a user centered design approach. So perhaps
it's worth to have a look at it.

michael