Tool tips - again

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Tue Apr 14 11:49:19 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009 11:26:41 Lucas Murray wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Emdek <emdeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > By the way, I have small question, it would be possible to trigger that
> > effect for showing all windows on desktop (I can't check it's name
> > because of localized system... but this was probably Present Windows)
> > with list of WId (to not show all windows but only these from list)? Some
> > users are asking for this for showing windows of group when using
> > grouping in task manager (there is similar effect in MacOS X as far as I
> > know). What do you think about it?
>
> Sounds like a great idea. Now we just need to find someone to write it. =)
Actually I wanted to add this feature to my present windows branch (non-
compositing) for 4.3. The idea is to move the complete logic into kwin core
and only use the effect to paint the windows when compositing is active. When
compositing is not active there will be Plasma task items shown. By moving it
into the core it would be possible to have arbitrary groups of windows shown.

 But I fear I don't get it done till hard freeze and so it won't make it into
4.3 :-( Let's try again half a year later.