Snapshot of quicklaunch applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 10 19:32:14 CEST 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009, you wrote:
> Hi Aron,
>
> I am sending the snapshot of the quicklaunch applet.
> http://imagebin.org/45059
>
>  In the constructor I had called kDebug() << "Foo Start"
> and just after the resize(sizeHint(Qt::PreferredSize)) i had called another
> kDebug() << "Bar see" in the method refactorUi().
>
> Even if I change m_timer->start(100) to m_timer->start(10) its not making
> much difference :(

currently your patch is only modifying how many times refactorUi is called due
to changes in size.

but there are many other places in the code that call refactorUi directly.

if you wish to compress _all_ calls to refactorUi, then i would suggest
introducing a new performUiRefactor() slot that does what refactorUi currently
does, connect the timer to that slot and make refactorUi start the timer :)

humru othro a kohnu se