Contrast plasma::theme color issues

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 21:52:32 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009, nuno pinheiro wrote:
> In this case i know and its couse the marketing team in mandriva wants
> gnome and kde desktop to look alike, so yeah
> ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. makes me wonder wtf do
we work
> for....
> fortunatly every one i know the frist thing they do with the kde desktop in
> mandriva is to change to kde defoults,
> Helio galaxy theme looks a bit old.
interesting related story, that i think it kinda exposes the problem with
distro theming/branding:
a friend of mine recently installed linux, after my of course totally neutral
advices chose kde (was opensuse, similar choices in theming and branding),

after some days he asked me how he could remove all the branding from it
because he said it looked exactly like the branded firmwares of the cellphones
that operator sell (their logo everywhere, functions crippled etc..)

if distros are getting really a bad image like the cellphone operators (and is
reeeally a bad rep:) there is really something wrong, because they don't
deserve it
i hope they understand they are nearly committing suicide with this, because
mandriva and opensuse are pretty solid distributions otherwise

Cheers,
Marco Martin