Systray jobs and notifications

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 8 19:12:57 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 14:23:49 Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> Yeah, it contains notifications (both 'normal' and file completed), and
> jobs, so indeed it may not be entirely optimal. However, both the in
> progress jobs and the completed jobs belong to an ExtenderGroup. The thing
> that might help is if it's more clear which item belong to which group. We
> could have different theming for items belonging to a group, but what will
> probably already help enough without further complicating the theming
> process, is if I change the following:
>
> * The group widget is always above widgets that belong to it.
> * items belonging to a group don't draw their borders (as if their
> Appearance is set to NoBorders)
> * maybe even set slightly bigger margins around the items belonging to a
> group.

I've committed a change that does the first two of these points. See this
screen:

http://imagebin.ca/view/EUThPsd.html

clearer, but we might even need a tad more obvious grouping. I guess time will
tell. Maybe having a different draghandle in theme for children of groups? Or
the 3rd point: indentation. But I can imagine it not looking very good with
certain themes.