About libconversion

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 6 23:23:46 CEST 2009

A Dilluns, 6 d'abril de 2009, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> Hi, this is more than anything targetted at Petri Damstén but Marco
> suggesting mailing the list so here i am.
>
> There's a bug handling i18n in libconversion in that you have
>
> Unit(QObject* parent, const QString& singular, const QString& plural,
> const QString& symbol, double multiplier,
> const QStringList& synonyms = QStringList());
>
> That's wrong as it assumes just singular and plural, but can't handle
> languages with more than two plurals like Gaelic that has 5.
>
> You should be really using a KLocalizedString (probably through ki18ncp)
> and using KLocalizedString::subs on it to get the correct results for all
> languages and numbers of the unit.

Hmm people from IRC made me realize that maybe that Unit class is not used for
creating things like messages "2 meters" but for recognizing messages entered
by the user that are "2 meters".

Sorry maybe i jumped to the conclusion too fast, what's it used for?

Albert