Adding a margin around the desktop containment

Thomas Schildknecht danakil.kde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:02:30 CEST 2009

>> Well, rather than writing a new containment you can just provide a patch for the existing one that allows the user whether to set margins or not..

it's a very specific feature so I don't think many people will be interested :)

anyways, I quickly added some struts to the desktop; it basically
works but there is a problem : when a popup menu like Kickoff, the
menu from grouped tasks in the taskbar or the panel toolbar is showed,
it respect the struts and is not attached to the panel anymore...

so it don't look like an easily solvable problem (for me at least)

oh, and the window decoration is not painted when maximized so it's
not very cool to have a borderless window in the middle of the
screen...