Systemtray benchmarks

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:09:52 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009, Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 March 2009 23:04:45 Marco Martin wrote:
> > these are some benchmark (probably not realy accurate) should give a
> > really gross idea..
> > i measured the time elased to convert to pass 1000 icons 32x32 argb32
>
> I'm interested: could you also run this benchmark for 96x96 icons, which is
> often used for the icon in notification icons? Currently it also uses png's
> to transfer this data, but it wouldn't surprise me if with those bigger
> icons png's are faster.

here we go:
png:
8.97
8.96
8.92
8.76
9
8.86
9.03
9.07
8.77
9.19
average
8.95

raw
2.868
2.698
2.821
2.915
2.877
2.816
2.819
2.685
2.790
2.783
average
2.807

in this case the difference is so embrassing that i wonder if there is
something wrong but yeah, it seems to justify using raw :p
Cheers,
Marco Martin