kdereview status updates

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 22:58:59 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 17:27:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 29 September 2008, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>  > On Tuesday 30 September 2008 00:15:37 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>  > > katesession
>  > > ----------------
>  > > verdict: move to kdeplasma-addons
>  >
>  > It'll move to kate, just like the session plasmoids -- they're both
>  > useless if you don't have kate installed. In that sense, they're more
>  > "kate-addons" than plasma. I had already asked the kate peeps if I could
>  > mv it into kate, that's OK. Laurent was quicker and moved it to
>  > kdereview.
>
> well .. i'd prefer not to have plasma code scattered all over the place. a
> way to handle this would be to use the TryExec field for this, so we only
> load it if the app it is related to exists.
>

> this would also solve the problem for integration with non-KDE applications
> =)

I don't have a strong preference here.

As a note related to this, during the boat trip at Akademy, I talked with
David about a "real" konqueror history runner, but that would need to link to
libkonq, so it wouldn't build outside of konqueror. That's another place we
would run into this.
Then, kalgebra and kalzium also ship their plasmoids in their apps dir
already. There might be more ...
--
sebas