libplasma for 4.2 constrained to kdelibs 4.1

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 20:26:21 CEST 2008

hi all..

currently libplasma builds against kdelibs 4.1. this has allowed amarok2 to
move to using libplasma from trunk where we have many bugfixes and useful new
features for them.

but this means that for this to work, we need to keep libplasma building
against kdelibs 4.1. this shouldn't be very hard, though, as there really
aren't any Exciting New(tm) changes we need in kdelibs since 4.1 for plasma in
4.2.

this is just a heads up, though, to let everyone know that if there is a
change in kdelibs we want to use, we'll have to either delay its usage until
kde 4.3 or else put in a version check #ifdef which we can remove post-4.2.0.
either option is fine, really.

the amarokers will be helping ensure the build remains clean with 4.1, so we
don't need to start another build env to ensure we stay on the straight and
narrow, but it would be appreciated if everyone kept this in mind while
hacking on libplasma =)

p.s. obviously, this doesn't apply to plugins such as widgets and runners,
just libplasma.

humru othro a kohnu se