playground applets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 17:52:13 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > groupphoto
>
> This one has a sentimental value :)

yeah, i know =)

> > java
>
> The Java applet is an example of how you could create an applet using Java.
> Unfortunately, there are no Plasma bindings for Java yet but still is a
> useful code example. Maybe to remove it from there, and to put the code to
> the techbase? (the same could go for the GL applets)

my concern is that these applets tend to bitrot and keep Old Ways of doing
things. as such, they sometimes do more harm than good.

i did play with the concept of keeping all of these in a plasma-sdk package ..
but .. yeah, that would require someone maintaining them and keeping them
fresh which i don't see happening right now.

humru othro a kohnu se