playground applets (sytem monitor)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:29:41 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2008 14:36:10 Marco Martin wrote:
> > > cpu temperature seems to not work anymore (problem in the dataengine?)
> > > could be a problem in my system but i don't think since the sensors
> > > command still works ok.
>
> I seem to get different temperatures with systemmonitor than sensors:
>
> $cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature
> temperature:             40 C
>
> $ sensors
> k8temp-pci-00c3
> Adapter: PCI adapter
> Core0 Temp:  +33.0°C
> Core1 Temp:  +34.0°C
>
> Petri

i don't have acpi thermal zone on this system so don't exactly know but
perhaps is different sensors?
core0 and core1 are sensors in the cpu itself, usually motherboards also have
a sensor near the cpu, so there always some degree of difference here sensors
also have a Sys temp and cpu temp entries that show totally different temps..

Cheers,
Marco Martin