playground applets

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:05:44 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> holy crap do we have a lot of applets in playground.
>
> i started sorting and sifting through them, and while i'm not nearly done i
> suppose it's at least a start. here's my results so far, comments welcome:
>
> candidates for base 4.2
> =============
> life
> activitybar - neat concept; has layout issue on planar
> systray-refactor - needs the plasmoid protocol finished out, but generally
> there. (notifications?)
> kuiserver - or should this also be added to the systemtray?
>
> candidates for addons 4.2
> =============
> bball  - works; cute

also system monitor was in a state i think more or less ready for addons, just
two things happened some time ago:
the system-monitor applet (the one that embeds the other ones) stopped
working, it fails to createthe embedded applets now
cpu temperature seems to not work anymore (problem in the dataengine?)
could be a problem in my system but i don't think since the sensors command
still works ok.

i'll take a look (perhaps it's a quick fix), because it's a really nice set of
applets, would be really cool to have them in 4.2

Cheers,
Marco Martin