kdereview status updates

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) artur.souza at openbossa.org
Tue Sep 30 03:49:14 CEST 2008

Hi !

2008/9/29 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> qedjescript
> ---------------
> verdict: move to kdebase
>
> there's still work to be done here, i think, such is with package
> installation (i get bad packages at times) and i have to LD_PRELOAD libeet
> though that's due to the qedje libs. however, it's in generally decent shape
> and can mature in kdebase where more people will also be able to test it.

  It's strange that you have to LD_PRELOAD libeet.. but anyway, libeet
is needed because it's the loader of edje files. It is just the binary
loader of the edje file. In order to keep compatibility with the
original edje, it's good to stay with the original loader to avoid
duplicate work.

On Monday 29 September 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> installation (i get bad packages at times)
>this turns out to be a problem with KFileWidget; i've got a test case for it and Raphael will be looking into it.

  Hmm...yes...maybe we could put something at package install time to
avoid the installation of incompatible files...this would be more user
friendly...what do you guys think ?

Cheers!

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs