Python support for Plasma: where to land it?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Sep 27 21:06:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've got a fair bit of Python plasma code here which needs to be checked
into SVN proper. The question is "where?".  kdebindings isn't suitable
because then the dependencies between the modules won't work. e.g.
kdeadmin already contains a python app and depends on kdebindings. I
hope that in the future other python apps will appear and join kdebase,
kdegames etc.

Anyway, Plasma, unless anyone objects I want to put the Python support
in kdebase/workspace/plasma/scriptengines next to the other script
engines and support, and add Python+kdebindings module as an optional
dependency for kdebase.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/