Comics + kross

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:09:12 CEST 2008

On Friday 26 September 2008 09:31:00 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The PoTD (Picture of The Day) (currently in playground but with
> bad/obsolete code Qhttp!) engine has to be rewritten: it fetches the
> Picture of the Day from several popular websites and displays them in the
> picture frame. Can that be a good script candidate?

For that to work on scripted image you would need a script that prints random
PoTD url when run. Not a very good user experience though. I think scripted
image is applet for those that want to get they hands dirty, not for the
casual end user.

If that engine could just return url for the image then scripted image could
be easily modified to show the picture.

webkit version is currently only found here:
http://kotisivu.lumonetti.fi/damu0/kde/scriptedimage.plasmoid

Petri