Comics + kross

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:18:40 CEST 2008

On Friday 26 September 2008 00:17:26 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 25 September 2008 18:01:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 September 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > > Should I continue on this road?
> >
> > 100% yes!
>
> For what it's worth, a widget+script combo makes sense in more cases.
> Imagine an applet that automatically fetches a webpage once in a while,
> pretty generic.
>
> Add a script to that applet that parses the webpage and extracts some
> content from that page and renders that. So one of these applet would then
> consist of the following:
>
> - a small script (in: webpage, out: customised HTML)
> - optionally some graphics (you might want to put the parsed out HTML into
>   your own layout)
> - metadata
>
> I think such an applet would open a new hosts.

I have made couple of applets that are on playground. They use executable
dataengine, so even bash scripts are ok.
- scripted image: shows image from url that script prints. I have converted
this to a webkit applet so c++ version will be probably deleted.
- scripted html: shows html from url that script prints. I was going to delete
this also now that webkit applets work, but maybe it has some use cases.

Petri