playground/base/plasma/applets/systray-refactor/protocols/plasmoid

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:39:56 CEST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 22 September 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
>> Hmm.. Actually, asking the Task object for a widget of a certain
>> orientation should be enough. eg. task->widget(Qt::Horizontal)
>
> or Plasma::Horizontal =)

I took a look at doing this, but I'm not sure that it's necessary.
Any applets added via the plasmoids protocol will currently inherit the
form factor of the containment that is also containing the systray
applet as the systray applet is not a containment.

Even if it were to be made a containment, a change in the current API
wouldn't be needed for plasmoids protocol case. How about we just leave
the API as is until a case comes up that requires it to change?

--
Jason Stubbs