KDE4 Menus

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 18 18:13:08 CEST 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > So, any thoughts on this?
>
> I'd suggest marking them as "special" plasmoids on their desktop file.
> Probably modifying:
>
> X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet
>
> with Plasma/AppletMenu, or something like that ?
>
> This way you could ask the trader about how many menues there are, and list
> them also for the user to choose the one (s)he wants.

that's what the Categories entry is there for.

first, setting ServiceTypes to this would break Applet loading; the proper way
would be X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/AppletMenu

but still, Categories would be the direction to go; and i'm not sure
Application Launchers is such a big problem.

humru othro a kohnu se