The Tasks DataEngine

Alain Boyer alainboyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:37:50 CEST 2008

2008/9/17 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Alain Boyer wrote:
>> > note that even if we don't use this (due to overhead) in the main task
>> > applet, it would still be highly useful to other applets (i already ran
>> > into this with the ktorrent applet)
>>
>> ok, i'll see if i can't come up with a design that allows 2
>> interaction methods (one via a service and the other directly using
>> the taskmanager library).
>
> well, we already have the latter; it's just the service based method we're
> missing right?

my plan was to achieve a higher level of encapsulation of the task
manager library. i'm not sure that that is the best idea now that i
have found /branches/work/plasma-groupingtaskbar. i'll wait to see
what comes of the work in that branch.

>> I don't have an svn account at the moment. Should I prepare a patch
>> for the existing tasks data engine in kdebase or one for a new tasks
>> data engine in playground?
>
> for the existing tasks engine ....

ok, i'll post a patch that adds the service based method when it is ready.

Alain.