power management settings mockup

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Sat Sep 13 16:06:05 CEST 2008

On Saturday 13 September 2008 14:36:21 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2008 02:30:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i'd like to see Riccardo's proposal on this list, we can discuss the
> > benefits or lack thereof of it, see who is willing to actually write code
> > for it (if anyone) and move on from there.
>
> There we go, sorry, I took a while, but I had to work on it with a real
> canavas. The icons (especially brightness icons) are temprorary, as you
> might guess. I just borrowed some from the theme. In place of the 'java'
> icons there will be profile icons. This is the mockup for the panel popup,
> on planar contianments there will be just the 'status' part (above the
> line) with a little togglable button (label for it? "options..."?)
> bottom-right which will slide out the configuration options and will make
> the plasmoid look like the mockup for the panel (plus the toggled button).
>
> http://files.ruphy.org/rect65593.png
>
> If you have any question or want to give me feedback on IRC, I'd be happy
> to answer them or I'd appreciate to get it.

I still don't like the idea of using a _progress_ bar to display the current
CPU scaling amount. Wouldn't something like the KCapacityBar [1] used in the
Dolphin and Konqueror directory property dialogs be more appropriate?

Matt

[1]
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKCapacityBar.html