AppletScript & configAccepted

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:00:36 CEST 2008

On Thursday 11 September 2008 20:17:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> personally, to keep the proper semantics in place for UI, config, etc, i'd
> do something like:
>
> // copy the main applet structure
> (*this) = Applet::packageStructure();
>
> // now add our own stuff
> addFileDefinition("webpage", "html/index.html", i18n("Main Html"));

Yes, that's much better.

> *that* said ... what's wrong with simply having code/main the same as
> html/index.html, and stuffing the rest of the html files into code/?

Nothing wrong. Still learning PackageStructure. I'll use that.

> -K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLETSCRIPTENGINE(webapplet, WebApplet)
> +K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLETSCRIPTENGINE(webkit, PlasmaWebApplet)
>
> if we're going to do this, then we really all the Plasma specific methods
> should be moved to PlasmaWebApplet, e.g. dataUpdated, dataFor,
> configAccepted..

Yes, that's true.

> why are you managing the engines yourself instead of letting the Applet*
> you are given do that for you? that's a lot of duplicated code that's
> unecessary.

Well I try to handle DataEngineWrappers but not DataEngines. Hmm, maybe
DataEngineWrapper could be a child of DataEngine so it would be deleted at the
same time and could be found there if needed.

> > - Background does not work currently.
>
> ... define?

I use applet()->setBackgroundHints(Plasma::Applet::DefaultBackground); in init
but still get only white web page.

> > - more applet functions (setBackgroundHints, resize, etc.)
>
> into the JS API you mean?

Yes.

> > - Is it ok that dashboard widgets get all the plasma functionality too?
> > Or should this be a separate scriptengine.
>
> which plasma functionality, exactly?

Currently dashboard widgets have access to e.g. dataEngines if someone wants
to modify dashboard applet to do so.

Petri