QuickSand, an alternative interface

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:07:22 CEST 2008

Hey everyone,

I uploaded an alternative front-end for KRunner in playground. It's
designed to be similar to the Primer interface of QuickSilver, but it
has an "icon parade" and uses the default theme from Plasma. I wrote
it to have a UI for multiple action support in KRunner. I wouldn't
really be able to say if it has any advantages over the current
KRunner interface because I'd be biased. :)

It's still experimental, and some things don't work (like the
configuration dialog) but it should provide a slightly different
experience from the current interface as well as a more familiar one
to QuickSilver users.

Cheers,
Ryan