libplasma GPL files

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Sun Sep 7 12:42:28 CEST 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:01:10 Marco Martin wrote:
> On 9/7/08, Davide Bettio <davide.bettio at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I think that we should change the license of the list below of files
> > from GPL to LGPL:
>
> yeah, mixing licenses of sources that gets in the same binary don't
> make like illegal to distribute the binary or something like that?

Not in this case.  It just makes libplasma GPL-licensed.  Which is definitely
not what we want.

We need permission to relicense these from:
Alexis Ménard
Sebastian Kuegler
Aaron Seigo
Rob Scheepmaker
Dan Meltzer
Laurent Montel

I can't see there being an issue with any of them, but legally we need their
written permission.

If you're on this list, please can you reply saying that to agree to relicense
any GPL code in libplasma of yours to LGPL (v2+)?

Alex

--
Proud KDE hacker: http://www.kde.org
Get KDE 4.1 - out now!