RSSNOW and news

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Sep 6 04:56:32 CEST 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 17:42:01 Petri Damstén wrote:
> > I'm planning to go through the theming support in the news applet, so
> > moving
> > it now to kdereview is a bit early (but it won't hold me from fixing the
> > theming). I've already done some back- and forward-porting of stuff to
> > have it
> > in both applets (load feeds in the add feed combo from akregator, for
> > example). The main showstopper for the newsapplet is the theming now.
>
> Using plasma theme colors has been in my todo list, but since I'm not
> currently using the widget it's not been on top of it. But if it's urgent I
> can move it to the top. Currently it has user configurable colors, so those
> can be removed.

I've already plugged those into Plasma::Theme. Some Plasma themes don't work
very well, for example Aya. So some color role theme files needs a check-up.

> Other thing is the custom scroller + rich text widget. When I first did
> news, plasma did not have webkit widget. It would be much cleaner with
> webkit widget (not a big change I think).

I was thinking of webkit as well, maybe with configurable stylesheet, even --
that would make nice 3rd party branding for something like this extremely
easy.
--
sebas