Proposal for a Plasma meeting location (Tokamak III?)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 17:21:07 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Mario Fux wrote:
> Abstract:
> ---------
> I'd like you to offer my family's vacation home for a next Plasma meeting.
> It's located in the middle of the Alpes (Switzerland) in a very inspiring
> area. The house offers room for 10-20 people working there and 10-12 people
> sleeping there (there will be other possibilities to sleep nearby). The
> best date for me would be between middle of January and the middle of
> February 2009 which is around or short after the release of KDE 4.2 [1].

oddly enough, it looks like i'll be in Zurich at the end of January, from the
26th until as late as the 1st of February. so this could work out quite
nicely.

seems it's well connected by trains to get there, and seems to be a nice
combination of secluded (so less distractions) and inspiring (apparently there
are some great hikes and a nice old church there?).

> - Sleeping conditions?
> ----------------------
> I can offer warm rooms but we won't have enough beds for all the people in
> the house. What I can and will offer are the few beds, mattresses, futons
> and other possibilites to sleep. For the people which have no room in the
> house to sleep I'll try to get one or two appartements 1 minute away. But
> I'm not yet sure about the financial conditions of these appartements. I'll
> do my best ;-).

great; i do find that people perform better when there are actual beds to be
had =)

> So what do you think? Are you interested? Would this be something for a
> Plasma meeting?

quite possibly.. who else would be available for January or February?

humru othro a kohnu se