kickoff regressions

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 1 01:49:33 CEST 2008

On Sunday 31 August 2008 23:08:22 Davide Bettio wrote:
> Il Sunday 31 August 2008 19:06:01 Sebastian Kügler ha scritto:
> > But I need to show of my amateurish painting skills as well! I think it
> > would look much nicer if the kickoff PanelSvg didn't have the border
> > towards the panel and the screen's edge. This would make the hitarea on
> > the left hand side easier to find, and also make it clearer that the menu
> > actually comes out of the panel. Right now it looks disconnected and
> > positioned "somewhat close" to its trigger (the kickoff button). I've
> > sketched this in illustration (1).
> >
> > An alternative would be to just have it grow out of the panel (as seen in
> > illustration 2).
>
> uhm... this kind of things is mainly related to PopupApplet and not to
> kickoff (so this ideas will apply also to device notifier and others
> PopupApplets). it seems also a quite complex task to do...
> uhm... anyone has got any opinion about that?

Thinking about it, it shouldn't be hard to do. We can just align the
contentsRect of PopupApplet to the screen's edge, so the left border is
painted offscreen and the content aligns nicely with the screen's edge.
Additionally, I think this would even be 'correct' behaviour, since it should
also align applets that have their own background (and borders) nicely with
the popup.
--
sebas