Segmentation fault when running NETRootInfo info(QX11Info::display(), 0)

vatbier vatbier at
Fri Oct 31 23:56:03 CET 2008

--- On Thu, 10/30/08, vatbier <vatbier at> wrote:
Phew, I've found the solution thanks to anda_skoa from Austria who replied
to me at
He told me that QX11Info::display() looks like it might need a QApplication instance.

I haven't got any clue (yet) how a Qt program works.
I looked at the main.cpp of a QMake Qt4 project in KDevelop and I added this in myshowdesktop.cpp:
#include <QApplication>
 int main(int argc, char *argv[])
     QApplication app(argc, argv);
     NETRootInfo info(QX11Info::display(), 0);

 And it runs now without segfault and it minimizes all windows !!